The best jewellery is the type you wear and care for. Whether it's your everyday essential, or your once-every-blue-moon statement moment, all of your pieces require some level of care. For fear of sounding like a broken record, the best approach is to keep it simple. Proactive care and maintenance is truly the best way to keep your pieces looking great longterm.
Cool + dry + gently handled = happy jewellery.
Frequent and consistent jewellery care is vital to maintaining its sheen and prolonging its wear. Jewellery must come into contact with moisture and liquid in order to tarnish, and for this reason general tarnish caused by wear isn't consider a fault.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR POST PRIMADONNA JEWELLERY
- Fashion jewellery is made of metal, and after being exposed to the elements, the acidity of your skin, and how well you care for it – it can oxidise over time.
- Keep your jewellery away from water, perfume, lotion and any other miscellaneous liquids if you want to avoid discolouring and premature wear and tear.
- A helpful tip is to add your jewellery as a last step – after cosmetics, moisturisers, hair products and skincare – to avoid sneaky residue getting on to your pieces.
- Sweating isn't completely avoidable, but know that excessive humidity can also impact the wear of your jewellery. So although it's cute, remove your jeweller before exercising, swimming and showering.
- When putting your jewellery on, avoid excessive tugging, pulling, or twisting.
- Also, hitting your jewellery on hard surfaces, knocking it against table tops or dropping it (even in excitement), is a no-no.
- Store your jewellery in a cool, dry space, away from direct and excessive sunlight.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR POST PRIMADONNA JEWELLERY
- Clean your pieces with a standard, chemical free polishing cloth to help reduce the appearance of tarnishing and bring back some shine.
- After a day of wear, it's vital to lightly wipe your jewellery to take off any residual moisture.
- Avoid using liquids.
- Avoid using abrasive, rough or scratchy fabrics.
HOW TO STORE YOUR POST PRIMADONNA JEWELLERY
- To avoid excessive tarnishing caused by moisture exposure, store your jewellery in a cool, dry place.
- Avoid storing your jewellery on or near direct hot light sources.
- Try to avoid leaving pieces tangled or in areas where they are susceptible to bending and breaking.
- When travelling with your pieces, pack and store your jewellery carefully and gently in a safe pouch.